Thursday, September 5, 2013

Just started the class

Today, I started taking the How to Teach Online course.  A bit of catching up to do since the actual course started on Monday.  I've done a little bit of Blackboard and blogging, but I can already tell that this class will hold a lot of new experience for me and I am very excited, as well as a bit nervous.

So, here's my Aloha Discussion.

I'm here because I would like to be an online teacher someday.  I currently teach part time in traditional classrooms and I love it.  But recently I have taken several MOOCs and it really opened up my eyes to what these courses can do.  I teach Biology, so I am especially interested in finding out how to get the hands-on component of science classes (such as lab experiments etc)  online.  I am hoping that I can use this class to build my online tools for my future classes, and that will motivate me to keep participating in the class.    For a beginner, it's so overwhelming to face all these new technology, but it was encouraging to hear Greg say "Pick and Choose".  Look forward to do my best to be a part of the online community and to see what others have to offer!

1 comment:

  1. Re blog not showing up - yes, I know exactly how you feel! I suppose this is a typical example of how things can go a bit wrong when doing an online course! But the facilitators are working on it so I'm sure we'll all be connected soon. Have just posted on my blog too http://tomooc.edublogs.org/

    ReplyDelete